Fw: HERB - potpourri

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Jul 12 11:15:54 PDT 1999

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Roberta R Comstock wrote:
> isn't just particulates that are bad news for asthmatics, though, it is
> also the volitile scented substances.  I have had asthmatic reactions to
> the air in shops thaty sell such things.  Other culprits include
> perfumes, colognes, after-shaves, scented furniture polishes, restroom
> deodorizers, and fabric softeners.  (And of course, tobacco smoke.)
>
> But now I'm just ranting, so I'll stop.

No, actually, that's very helpful-- those of us that work with scented
stuff need to be aware of it. Right now, I'm gathereing stuff for a
'scratch & sniff' portion of a Bible school demo, and agnoizing over
whether or not to bring the lavender-- it's truly the strongest scent, but
the most likely to cause allergic reactions.

>From what you are saying, it may be a good idea to warn people that the
stuff we work with is VERY highly scented, and if you are the  sort of
person who runs into breathing problems with really highly scented stuff,
be careful. (Forewarned is forearmed!)

I suspect you would definitely want to stay away frmom close proximity to
scented geraniums.. (Heck, I bought two citronella ones yesterday, and
just riding with them in a warm, closed car gave me a headache.)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental), mka Jennifer Heise
jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"