Fw: HERB - potpourri

Roberta R Comstock froggestow at juno.com
Mon Jul 12 11:23:58 PDT 1999

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:30:28 -0400 (EDT) Jenne Heise
<jenne at tulgey.browser.net> writes:
>> (Not good for asthmatics).
>>
>> Hertha
>
>That's an important point. Hertha, is the essential oils that are the
>problem, or the dryness of the potpourri? (Please, please don't buy
>pre-made potpourri from a cheap source-- it'll be wood shavings with
>dye, a couple of dried flowers, and fragrance oils.) Dry potpourri would
>certainly contribute to the 'tiny-little-pieces-of-junk-floating-in-air'
>problem for asthmatics. Moist potpourri would seem like a an
>alternative but if the trouble is essential oils, not fragrance oils,
one would
>have to know what to beware of.
>
>Unfortunately, I still haven't found a moist potpourri recipe from
>period!    >*sigh*
>
>Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental), mka Jennifer Heise
>jenne at tulgey.browser.net

Well, I don't Buy  Any kind of potpourri, so that's not a problem.  It
isn't just particulates that are bad news for asthmatics, though, it is
also the volitile scented substances.  I have had asthmatic reactions to
the air in shops thaty sell such things.  Other culprits include
perfumes, colognes, after-shaves, scented furniture polishes, restroom
deodorizers, and fabric softeners.  (And of course, tobacco smoke.)

But now I'm just ranting, so I'll stop.

Hertha