HERB - old roses

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Tue Jul 13 13:44:15 PDT 1999

My damask rose bloomed this spring in a wonderful display!  It was nestled
in with a double feverfew and the pink and white was quite spectacular.  I
am not sure what kind it is, but it is incredibly fragrant.

I have a post about old roses that I will send to the list as soon as I
find it.

Leonora

At 09:42 AM 7/13/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Many of the old European roses are still available today.  The Vintage
>Garden site on the Web has several varieties that are quite old, including
>"York and Lancaster" (1629) and "Autumn Damask" (ancient).  They are at:
>www.vintagegardens.com
>
>Prydwen
>
>At 07:37 AM 7/13/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>>The rose of today is a hybrid, all of them.
>>There are some suppliers who carry what is commonly referred to as hairloom
>>roses.  These only date back to the 1800's though.  They might be worth
>>investigating as well, as they are much more fragrant than many of today's
>>(potpourri).
>
>gryphon at carlsbadnm.com

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

  Practice random acts of intelligence & senseless acts of self-control.