HERB - Budge's "Divine Origin" and book comments

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Fri Jul 16 12:07:05 PDT 1999

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Gaylin Walli wrote:
> Has anyone read E.A. Wallis Budge's "Divine Origin of the Craft
> of the Herbalist"? Little book, about 100 pages long, looks like
> a Dover reprint? Is it just a little basic overview of herbal
> history or something else? No one seems to have commented
> on it at Amazon or any of the other online booksellers.

Well, I haven't read it. But I've seen it recommended in magickal
herbalism circles, and I know that Budge was, er, a mystic. And a kook. I
suspect it's not going to be very solid in the research area, mostly
mystical.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (Shire of Eisental), mka Jennifer Heise
jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"in verbis et in herbis, et in lapidibus sunt virtutes"
(In words, and in plants, and in stones, there is power.)