HERB - Herbs & Things:Jeanne Rose's Herbal

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 21 12:14:59 PDT 1999

>Aha! I think I own this book. But my copy is tan and green. Some of her
>recipes are very good, there is one for an upset little girl that works
>wonders on my roommates little sisters. But I, as a fat person, find her
>offensive. Another good book is Hildegarde of Bengin.
 	I actually like her.... I just don't read the parts that bother me.
If I didn't read every book because of the author's viewpoint, I wouldnt be
very well read. (grin).  When this book first came out the ideal woman was
thin and less health and more body conscious.... She made a revision but
I'm not certain when the last revision took place.  I have an excellent
herbal that about a third tends to be a tad too religious for my viewpoint
-- for others -- it would fit.... I just don't deal with those parts.

Clare