Fw: HERB - Herbs & Things:Jeanne Rose's Herbal

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Wed Jul 21 18:18:22 PDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Lynette K LaFontaine <LKLC at prodigy.net>
To: <herbalist at Ansteorra.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 1999 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: HERB - Herbs & Things:Jeanne Rose's Herbal

> Daniel I saw Jeanne's answer before I saw your request, or knew your
> children's ages.  So just let me add that fenel is good at any age to
sooth
> upset tummies.
> As for the lavender pillows that is a very comforting as well as soothing
you might try adding some balm and or hops to the pillow, or not.  Your
children might enjoy hugging these pillows when they are sick as well.  It
is gratifying to hear a parent make a request like yours.
One thing you might try is making the tea something special.  Like a
ceremony with your children.  One of the nicest memories of my Mom is the
"tea parties"  she and I had.  I was allowed the privilege, only at these
special times, to use her very fancy bone china tea cup.  Perhaps and
investment in a very fancy tea cup might be worth while.  Let them know this
is suppose to calm and soothe.  They will be more receptive to the effects
of the herbs.
You might introduce you kids to some guided imagery with their herbs.
Children are very receptive to this technique as they have wonderful
unfettered imaginations.