HERB - Herbs & Things:Jeanne Rose's Herbal

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at midtown.net
Wed Jul 21 19:05:25 PDT 1999

>>	I've found it in many smaller book stores. Especially feminist book
>>stores. Of course Atlanta is over populated with feminist book stores. I'll
>>keep an eye open.
>>
>>	Elewyiss
>>

>Check out the used book stores, I've seen it.  My copy was the first
>edition way back when.   I laugh because it cost 2.95 and it was green with
>purple decorations as opposed to purple withthe green.  Her "HERBAL BODY
>BOOK" is nice as well.  It was one of the first herb books I bought myself.

"Herbs & Things" was the first herb book I bought for myself, as well.
Although I have come to rely more heavily for some things on "The Urban
Herbalist", which is much more scientific, I still use Jeanne Rose's.
(Obviously, since I ran across Melandra's recipe quite by accident while
looking for something else!)

I have seen it for sale in some large chain bookstores.  But I know of
several herb shops that have stopped carrying it in this area (Sacramento).

>If you like Magical books... try any of Scott Cunninghals.  he wrote well
>and again, many of his books are found in used book stores...
>
>Clare

Also still in print and available at most good Occult bookstore that have a
section on Wicca/Paganism.    Of course, used *are* cheaper...

--Katherine