HERB - Soothers for children

Bjmikita@aol.com Bjmikita at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 20:46:02 PDT 1999

We ended up in Turkey with a 7 week old baby thanks to the infinate wisdom of
the United States Air Force.  Luckily a good friend of mine had given me a
bottle of pure peppermint extract telling me I would need it.  I did.  My
daughter would have gas so bad her stomach would go rigid and she would
scream.....Of course when this first happened I was clueless and the base
clinic didn't have any colic medicine, they were out!  I grabbed the
peppermint, added enough to a bottle of water to make it taste strongly of
peppermint, added just enough sugar to make it palatable and shoved it into
my baby's mouth.  She gobbled the whole bottle down, belched like a storm
trooper and tooted out of the other end for sometime.  By the time we left
Turkey the clinic was recommending peppermint extract to all new mothers.
As the pedietrician said, whatever works!

Jeanne de La Mer