HERB - Soothers for children

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Thu Jul 22 02:28:41 PDT 1999

You have the power to educate your health care providers.  Unfortunately,
even though they are aware, there simply is not the time to learn everything
that is needed about alternatives.  Unless you are very fortunate it may be
some time before you will regularly see a provider who is well versed in
this area.  Every little bit we can provides helps.  They do pay attention.
Even those who poo poo tend to take notice when they keep hearing the same
thing from different sources.  Being a nurse I am partial to believe that we
are more open and receptive to non pharmacological means of healing and
health maintenance, than the physician, as this is more in line with
nursing's philosophy.  The Docs are learning a lot from nurses about this.
So if you can't get him/her to listen talk to nurses.