HERB - Soothers for children

Magdalena da Cadamosto brambleberry at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 10:32:45 PDT 1999

>>I'd like to hear any ideas that have worked for you or someone you know.

    I'd like to add my 2 cents worth as well.  ;>  Let me echo the St John's
Wort recs.  I've seen it work wonders.  On the subject of diet, I suggest
removing all artificial sweeteners.  Studies show possible links to
increased depression.  On the same note, take a look at her sugar cycle.  Is
she doing the peak then crash cycle?  Small snack-meals throughout the day
aren't just a good way to lose weight, they also help maintain a positive
mental state due to maintaining a steady sugar level.  I don't know about
your daughter's physical state, but I went on the pill for hormonal balance
for the first time at 12.  I wish I could stay on it, because my emotional
state is largely governed by my hormones.
   Teach her to make tea. When I am agitated, I make a cup of tea, usually
lemon balm and peppermint or blackberry.  I use a nice teacup and add a
small fancy sandwich.  I find the ritual of making the tea and sandwich
soothing, and the hot tea and sugar boost from the sandwich simply complete
the job of calming me down.

Hopes and wishes of better health,
-Magdalena