HERB - Soothers for children

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Sat Jul 24 23:46:46 PDT 1999

> From: Bjmikita at aol.com
snip
I'm
> looking for teas or herbs to help her calm down/slow down.
> I'd like to hear any ideas that have worked for you or someone you know.
> Jeanne de La Mer

Serve tea.  I don't just mean herbal tea, I mean have a regular tea
ceremony.  I've been told that making tea, old fashioned style, really
helps calm  people down.  You have to rinse the kettle, put it on to boil,
wait, rinse the tea pot, put the tea in, pour the hot water in, wait just
exactly the right time, strain the tea, pour, sugar and cream, if desired,
and then wait till it cools.  All that waiting gives a "calm down" period.
I've been told that it really does help, with other things as well, because
it teaches patience...

Melandra