HERB - Soothers for children

Drisana Amineh Ayieshia drisana at ncinternet.net
Sun Jul 25 07:09:29 PDT 1999

Melandra wrote

Serve tea.  I don't just mean herbal tea, I mean have a regular tea
ceremony.  I've been told that making tea, old fashioned style, really
helps calm  people down.  You have to rinse the kettle, put it on to boil,
wait, rinse the tea pot, put the tea in, pour the hot water in, wait just
exactly the right time, strain the tea, pour, sugar and cream, if desired,
and then wait till it cools.  All that waiting gives a "calm down" period.
I've been told that it really does help, with other things as well, because
it teaches patience...

you also must heat the cup you are going to serve it in and this also
helps...

coffee also has a paradoxical effect on hyper children so serve them a cup
each morning while you drink yours make it a special time just for you both
to sit, sip and chat...having raised two hyper without medication this is
one of the things that worked..besides changing diet...

Drisana
icq  #412273
( : Make an appointment today for your yearly mammogram : )
"I count not a day complete till needle thread and fabric do meet!"
drisana at ncinternet.net
http://pages.ivillage.com/misc/drisana/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/Atrium/6284/