catnip and valerian, was Re: HERB - Re: Sleep Aids

Deborah Schumacher chicagojo at RNI.NET
Wed Jul 28 17:13:15 PDT 1999

> Kathleen Keeler wrote:
> >

> > But even catnip is only active on about 80% of cats.
> >
> I have been following this with interest but I have to share this.

Then Ginger said..

> In my life I have had dozens of cats.  I have 12 right now.  I have
> never had a cat that wanted anything to do with catnip.  I grow it for
> tea and they just ignore it.  Catnip toys don't interest them either.
> Is this weird or is it just my imagination?

My Cats are nuts for Catnip. The little one is so bad that  he  got the
empty catnip container  stuck on his head as he was inhaling the  fumes.

They also seem  pretty wild for Valerian, When ever i  make my  husband tea
they go nuts. Bt when i offer them the dry herb they ignore it. It seems to
be the scent they like.

Zoe Valonin
Barony of Sundragon
Atenveldt