HERB - Re: Catnip and Cats

Sara Bairrington katri4684 at surfree.com
Wed Jul 28 18:31:06 PDT 1999

Then Ginger Wrote:
>I have been following this with interest but I have to share this.
>
>In my life I have had dozens of cats.  I have 12 right now.  I have
>never had a cat that wanted anything to do with catnip.  I grow it for
>tea and they just ignore it.  Catnip toys don't interest them either.
>Is this weird or is it just my imagination?
>
>Ginger
My old cat has always loved fresh growing catnip.  He'd roll over the plant
over and over then lick  his coat.  He would have nothing to do with the
dried plant.  I had to plant some for him on the ground, and some for me in
pots away from his 'rolling' plants.

What is odd is that my dogs used to love to lick him too after he got
covered with the catnip oils from rolling.

Ulrike