HERB - Re: herbalist V1 #283

MTR/AAHR wolffe at onslowonline.net
Tue Jun 8 13:18:14 PDT 1999

> Anyone know if there is an herb and/or  herbal remedy
> to treat hyper-thyroid?
>
> Dorothy
>
>- ------------------------------
>
>Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 18:51:06 -0700
>From: Sara Bairrington <katri4684 at surfree.com>
>Subject: Re: HERB - Please help
>
>At 08:30 PM 6/7/99 EDT, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 6/7/99 6:32:17 PM EST, doroket at yahoo.com writes:
>>
>><< Subj: Re: HERB - Please help
>> Date: 6/7/99 6:32:17 PM EST
>> From: doroket at yahoo.com (Moonshadow)
>> Sender: owner-herbalist at Ansteorra.ORG
>> To: herbalist at Ansteorra.ORG
>>

>> OK, here's another question....
>>
>> Anyone know if there is an herb and/or  herbal remedy
>> to treat hyper-thyroid?
>>
>> Dorothy
>> ______________________________________ >>
>>I'd like to know if there are any herbs for sluggish thyroid.
>>Jeanne de La Mer

First and foremost, PLEASE check with your Doctor or a liscensed Herbalist.
 My Holistic Herbal book lists the following to help  also-
OverActive Thyroid-
A tea made from the following and drunk 3 times a day will help, NOT CURE,
HELP.
2parts Bugleweed
1 part Nettles
1 part Valerian
1 part Yarrow

For Under Active Thyroid
 the following tea should be drunk 3 times a day, to HELP, NOT CURE.
2 parts Bladder wrack
1 part Damiana or Kola
1 part Nettles
1 part Oats
1 part Wormwood

It also says that these herbs BENEFIT the thyroid, and can releive the
symptoms quit effectively, bvut it also says to CURE it, you need to see
your Doctor.
Good luck1
-Wolf
Atlantia