HERB - harvesting and lilacs

Julia Spiritstone spiritst at prairie.NoDak.edu
Thu Jun 10 05:52:10 PDT 1999

There is a bush which has a small clump of flowers on it like lilac that
grows all over campus here. Can anyone tell me how to go about
harvesting them for their smell? I've never done it before but I really
like these and I think they'll bloom for a few more weeks.

Also- All of the lilacs around here are very white and have little smell
this year. Any thoughts as to why? I'm in Fargo, ND, almost four hours
north of Minneapolis.

Thanks!
Ya Samee'nah
(Julia)