HERB - trellis work and modern subs?

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Mon Jun 14 08:30:24 PDT 1999

Hiya,

I've been looking at the things around my house and around
work that could or could not be recycled using the local
recycling program. Our program in our town is good, but
not great. I can only recycle #1&2 plastics. So, here's
what I was thinking...

You know the six-pack rings that come off pop and beer?
Why couldn't you figure out a way to tie those together,
possibly with something else not recycleable (like those
twist ties you have too many of in your junk drawer or
the extra rubber bands in the same spot)? Has anyone
ever made a garden or vegetable trellis with the six-pack
rings?

And just so we keep it on topic, I tried some initial
stabs at looking into illuminations that had garden scenes
and such and couldn't really find any good trellis examples.
Has someone a book or such with period paintings or
artwork of somekind that show trellis gardens? I
still don't have the Medieval Health Handbook yet,
so that would have probably been one of the first places
I would have looked, after the web.

Anyone have some leads? I have a stack of these pop
tops that I can't recycle and it just KILLS me to think
of throwing them out.

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba