HERB - asthma

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Mon Jun 28 19:07:17 PDT 1999

Thank you Gaylin; you made some excellent points.  Many people think, "If
it's natural it can't hurt."  Just remember hemlock is natural.  I Just
planted some digitalis, lavender, and lemon verbena.  Digitalis is a
powerful cardiac glycoside I would never dream of ingesting it or allowing
anyone else to do so.
Now for the lavender.  In the past I've not had great success growing it.  I
understand it likes poor soil with good drainage and full sun.  We certainly
have the poor soil. ( I've created the drainage).  and Lots of desert sun.
The soil is very alkaline how might that effect it?  I had problems when I
lived in CA trying to grow it too.  Any suggestions.