HERB - growing herbs

Lynette K LaFontaine LKLC at prodigy.net
Wed Jun 30 14:13:17 PDT 1999

Thyme is another of my problem plants that doesn't grow for me too, Katherine.
Now the rosemary problem I can explain.  It is a Mediterranean plant.  If you get freezing winters it will not survive.  I had great successe with it in Sacramento.  But here in northern NV we get colder winters and it doesn't survive.
It supposedly is tough to grow in containers yet I had a CA neighbor who grew it in barrels with roses.  It doesn't like acid.
It is best grown from cuttings.  Likes good drainage, but must not dry out completely.