HERB - bug repellent

Julia Spiritstone spiritst at prairie.NoDak.edu
Sat May 15 15:21:56 PDT 1999

I am interested in mixing my own bug repellent with a base like perfume.
I know there are plant extracts that would work this way, and it prolly
wouldn't smell so toxic. :)

Does anyone know where I could start reading about how to mix something
like this? I would assume that it's a little different than mixing
perfume. Also, any recs on good plants. I know I have some written
earmarked in one of my herb books, but are there any that someone swears
by?

Thank you!
Yasmina (name in transition)
(Julia)