HERB - Poison Ivy help

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Fri May 21 06:18:28 PDT 1999

Corwyn wrote:
>Plantain, as in the weed that grows in everybody's lawn. I have people gather
>it fresh, chew it a bit and smear it on the affected area. Two to three times
>a day. Clears up the rash in about three days max usually. They look at me
>funny until they try it.

You know Corwyn, I nearly brusied my brain trying to think of that one
when I first responded to the request for possible cures. I *knew* there
was another plant I was forgetting and it just abosolutely escaped me
what it was. Thanks so much for reminding me what it was!

Plantain is an excellent plant. Master Herbalist Christopher Hobbs uses
it extensively in his treatments. (He's a writer for the Herb Companion
and Herbs for Health. He's also written several books on the subject.
I'm reasonably sure he's a doctor as well.)

Jasmine