HERB - Poison Ivy help

Roberta R Comstock froggestow at juno.com
Fri May 21 18:21:35 PDT 1999

On Fri, 21 May 1999 20:29:39 EDT Bjmikita at aol.com writes:
>Question. Why would the doctor tell my husband to put saran
>wrap over the blister after he medicated it, and before he
>wrapped it with a bandage?
>Jeanne

I don't know your doctor's reasons, but I think it would serve
several functions:  a - provide a barrier (substitute for the broken
skin) to keep germs from getting in;  b - hold the medication
(an ointment?) in place and keep it off the bandage;  c - prevent
the seeping fluid from soaking into the bandage and creating a
haven for germs from the outside;  d - keep the medication and/or
ooze from getting all over your husband's clothes or anything
he gets his arm against.

Hertha