HERB - New Job

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Mon May 24 11:08:58 PDT 1999

	I want to impart some good news.  (I need some good news right now, as I
am waiting for yet another crew of utility workers to come out and dig up
my sewer line and find out for sure that the new gas line crew busted
it...)
	 I have recently been promoted at work.  I have been working at
Sevananda Community Owned Natural Foods Store as a part time and working
member part of the Herb Department team.  (This means I have been selling
and learning about vitamins, herbs, supplements, aromatherapy,
homeopathy, etc.)  I recently became the Education Coordinator there.
This means I'll be arranging classes, teaching some classes, teaching
employee training sessions, and all the follow up that goes along with
this.  The neat thing about this is that my qualifications are almost
entirely SCA related.   I have been scheduling and teaching classes for
years, and now I get paid for it.   We are in the process of moving
around the corner to a space that is almost 5 times as big (twice the
sales floor space, three times again in office space, cooperative
businesses rental space, bicycle rooms and showers for employees, an
education room with a demo kitchen and mirrors (! :o !)  and eventually
employee parking).  When we move I will have lecture space and a room
that seats up to 80.
	I'm excited, and I think extremely well qualified for the job, even
though those who know me will think it funny that I have something
approaching a desk job for the first time in over a decade!
	That's my good news.  I have to go now, there are large machines digging
big, smelly holes in my front yard.
	Christianna / Christy