HERB - Dill

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 05:19:29 PDT 1999

>On Mon, 24 May 1999, Moonshadow wrote:
>> I have a source for fresh dill, anyone with ideas on
>> using other than for pickles?

In Germany, one of my favorite restaurants made a salad dressing (referred
to as the pink stuff) using yogurt, dill, some other seasonings and I think
it was the the juice of pickled red cabbage or beets that turned it various
shades of pink depending on who made it that day. I was never quite able to
nail the recipe down and left before I could sneak back to the kitchen. It
was quite good (and colorful) if you could get past the fact that it went
from pepto-bismol pink to shocking pink depending on the day. I did not
*see* any other other obvious herbs in the dressing other than dill. It may
have just been dill and yogurt and I was trying to make it complicated.

Ysabeau of Prague