HERB - Projects

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 07:34:29 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/7/99 9:12:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
collette at kricket.net writes:

<<  Has any one else
 tried to make herbal wines?
 I'm also making milk bath bags and bath salts.  Each of my sisters have a
 different blend. >>

    Oh--knew I forgot a few things! Yes, I'm doing a few bath salts this
year--did more last year (lavender and oatmeal, I think, with sea and Epsom
salts) and don't want to repeat to the same folks. And I did herb wines,
too--the steep-the-herbs-in-wine type. They turned out well, I thought, and
I'd like to do more eventually. I did fresh basil in a semi-sweet white, and
dried rosemary in a dryish red. Great for cooking! Not bad for sipping,
either, according to my Laurel. I think I'd like to try the rosemary in a
sweet port, since one my favorite dishes my mother makes is pork tenderloin
with garlic, rosemary, and port. Heavenly stuff, and I'm not even that big a
meat eater!

            Ldy Diana