HERB - Advice PLEASE!!!

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Tue Nov 9 10:28:50 PST 1999

>Posting them to the web is problematic from home.
>YIS

Well, not exactly true....

Send them to me, in any format, via any medium, and I can either put them up as (pretty generic) web pages or as downloadable files from the ftp server.

"Pretty generic" because I can't take a lot of time to make them fancy.   Text-only is all I have time for at the moment.  If they show up already html-coded for web display, I can post them immediately.  Contact me for details.

I have several web servers, one of which has about 30 gigs of free space on board.  If the rest of the group would like a central repository for handouts, recipes, "good to know" stuff, bibliography listings, et cetera, I have the technology sitting under-utilised.

It would have to have a bit of an odd address at first, it's a college dept. server cluster, but that can be fixed later when someone I know  gets the time to apply some DNS magic.  But it's free, available 24/7 barring campus-wide power outages of more than 4 hours duration, or catastrophe.

Eoin Caimbeul