HERB - Advice PLEASE!!!

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Nov 17 07:01:53 PST 1999

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Rauthulfr wrote:
> Finally, by Medieval, do they really mean MEDIEVAL, or do they just mean
> pre-modern.  If the latter then Gervase Markham is probably a good source,
> It contains some great recipes, and the editor Michael Best is on Faculty
> at the University of Victoria (where he can be reached by e-mail with
> questions.)

Markham is a Renaissance source. He's just past period for the SCA, and
considering the amount of repackaging and plagarism he was known to have
committed, he's a good candidate for being considered period...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me...

"The toad beneath the harrow knows/Exactly where each toothpoint goes;
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."-- Kipling