HERB - Projects

Aurora McFarlane lady_mcfarlane at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 09:35:18 PST 1999

Insect repellant!!!  I would love to have that recipe.  My daughter (21 months) goes to all events with us and I'm leary of the store bought sprays for her.

Christine A Seelye-King <mermayde at juno.com> wrote:

I was looking for bottles today, as a matter of fact, and bought some at
a couple of different places. I am going to be making my insect bite
lotion this year again, and everyone has told me that they really love it
when it comes in a spritzer bottle of it's own, instead of just a bottle
they have to use a cotton ball with, for example. The Container Store
has them in different sizes, I have found the 2 oz. (?) size to be good,
and they are 1.29 a piece there. I looked at spray bottles there, too,
but they are very impressed with all of their merchandise, so I did not
buy any more there. Then, I was in Wal Mart, and cruised through the
pharmacy section and lo!, there were several spray bottles in colors, and
shapes (red ones in heart shapes, blue and green ones in tapered shapes,
and gold transparent ones in standard shapes) all for .99 each! I don't
think that there will be lots of those closer to Christmas, but it is
definately worth a trip or two between now and then to stock up on them.
They have them in a stand-up display of reach-in type boxes, with ",99"
all over them. They also have toothbrush holders, razor boxes, etc. in
the same area.
So, I know that I'm doing the bug juice, but my Santa leaves tomorow to
be a Mall Santa in Memphis for the entire season, and all I'm seeing now
is a blue Christmas for me :( I don't know what else I will do for
gifts, or if the gift-giving spirit will come over me or not. We'll see.

Keep talking about your projects, though, maybe that will spur me on to
great deeds.
Christianna