flax seeds was HERB - Projects

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 23:05:39 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/16/99 1:10:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, RAISYA at aol.com
writes:

<<
 >How do I prepare linen?  Did the stalks have to be harvested green?  I
pulled
 >them (after they turned brown) and they are sticking out of a bucket waiting
 >for me to decide if I want to try to extract the fibers. (Not enough to make
 >anything but enough to learn from.)

 Try any good book on spinning, I'll see if I can find a description.  I know
 the stalk have to be rotted (retted), but can't recall the specifics.

 Raisya
    I just finally checked out the website of a gentleman from the A&S list
who is reprinting period and old books on various topics, largely related to
papermaking and inks. One of them is on "The Retting of Hemp and Flax"! :-)
And it costs all of $4.95 plus shipping............... The site is at:
http://www.teleport.com/~tcl/rf.htm Enjoy! ;-)

                        Ldy Diana