HERB - rune inscribed salt clay

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 02:59:04 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/17/99 8:32:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ladydagmar at hotmail.com writes:

<<
 I love this idea of the salt clay inscribed with runes.  Would you please be
 more specific about what you mean by antiquing them to look old.  I would
 like to try this, but I am not sure if you mean for them to be treated with
 some chemical, destressed (like for making furniture look antique), or what.

                      Dagmar >>
    There are numerous ways to "antique" an item, but in this case I'd rub
dark brown paint into the surface, and rub off most of it before it dries.
I've done that on Fimo before (Some fake amber beads I made) and it worked
pretty well. It *is* messy, of course! Or, since salt clay is a bit moisture
sensitive, you could try using a stiff brush, with just a bit of paint, and
scrubbing it into the surface. I'm envisioning a dry-brush technique, like
one would use for stenciling.......... Good luck! :-)

                    Ldy Diana