HERB - What is.......

Rauthulfr mwolfe at nwlink.com
Mon Oct 11 12:33:14 PDT 1999

At 12:07 PM 10/11/99 , you wrote:
>That would be my thought. Would oil of lavender be an appropriate
>substitution for oil of spike lavender?

My understanding is that most lavender oil comes from spike lavender:
Lavendula vera/officinalis.   This seems to be the species which gives the
best and the most oil.  So it is probably not a matter of substituting,
you've probably got it!

Rauthulfr Meistari inn Orthstori  (OL, MC, P-eX, Et Cetera)
An Tir Arts & Sciences Champion AS: XXXIII-XXXIV
or, non- SCA: Michael Wolfe M. A. I. S. AB-
*Practice Random Acts of Chocolate.....