HERB - Fall planting

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Wed Sep 1 13:01:44 PDT 1999

Ldy Diana,

Just being lazy and lumping rocket and orach under "greens" :).  I love
rocket, and would love to find the variety you mention!  I have had plants
survive a month or two of heat, but they usually give out by July when the
drought starts.  Actually a number of "annuals" are long-lived in mild
climates.  I kept a sweet pepper plant alive and productive for 21 months
without much work (eventually a victim of a watering failure during last
year's Pennsic).

Orach is another good choice, and water cress doesn't actually need to be in
water, it just shouldn't dry out.  It does well in a pot set in a saucer of
water.

I also think I left out wall flowers and sweet williams and sweet peas among
the flowers.

Raisya