HERB - HERB Looking for

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Sep 2 08:27:57 PDT 1999

>Does anyone know where I can find Goldenseal (hadrastis canadensis)
>Oh I found a wonderful new soap book.......Soothing Soaps For Healthy
>Skin by Sandy Maine

My best advice to you is good luck. Goldenseal is one of those plants
that does eversomuch better when it's in the wild, IIRC. Wildcrafting
is the method of choice for finding it. However, it may hold protected
status in many states. You next best choice is to buy it in capsule
form at a health food store or vitamin supplier. I have NEVER seen
it for sale in any place other than this. Doesn't mean that it wouldn't
happen, but I'd say it's extremely unlikely you'll find it in any form
but as a dietary supplement. Regardless of the form you do find it in
and the place you find it, I'd be willing to bet a home cooked meal
that it'll cost you a bundle.

Wish I could be of more help.

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com