HERB - Lion and Locust wording in a period recipe

M Wolfe mwolfe at nwlink.com
Thu Sep 2 19:47:43 PDT 1999

Aelian is rather unusual and difficult Greek, so slipping in a translation
is pretty easy.  Still, I'll try to get through the sections next week and
see what comes.

At 11:26 AM 9/2/99 , you wrote:
>At 11:14 AM -0700 9/2/99, M Wolfe wrote:
>>My first guess would be a mistranslating.
>
>Well, I suppose that could be true, but it would be Porta
>who did the mistranslation then. He was the one who
>translated his own work from the Latin. It could also be
>his misreading of Aelin in combination. Your guess on
>that part is probably close and one I would guess as well.

Rauthulfr Meistari inn Orthstori  (OL, MC, P-eX, Et Cetera)  An Tir A&S
Champion
or, non- SCA: Michael Wolfe M. A. I. S. AB-
*Practice Random Acts of Chocolate.....