HERB - Lion and Locust wording in a period recipe

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Sep 2 11:26:36 PDT 1999

At 11:14 AM -0700 9/2/99, M Wolfe wrote:
>My first guess would be a mistranslating.

Well, I suppose that could be true, but it would be Porta
who did the mistranslation then. He was the one who
translated his own work from the Latin. It could also be
his misreading of Aelin in combination. Your guess on
that part is probably close and one I would guess as well.

>given Aelian, it will probably take a read through of the various lion and
>locust citations to make sure.  On that I'll have to get back to you next
>week.  (An Tir Crown is this weekend and packing will take priority.  I wish I
>could be of more help.

Even a mere confirmation of my suspicions is well worth it.
If you do check the citations, then I'd be thankful, but if you don't,
no worries. I can voice the concerns in the class (which won't
be until October anyway). Regardless, Lion or Locust is still in
*my* "icky things" list. :)

Thanks bunches,

jasmine
iasmin de cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com