HERB - RE: Lion and Locust

Kathleen H. Keeler kkeeler1 at unl.edu
Fri Sep 3 20:06:45 PDT 1999

Jasmine
	Tonight I asked a linguist translating Latin for her thesis if her
dictionary had any alternate definitions of lion, and under _leo_ she found
"a kind of crab" and they (Oxford Latin Dictionary) cited Pliny.

Hope you are all off to events and don't see this til Monday night!

Agnes (exhausted by the start of classes and needing to work big parts of
the weekend to keep ahead. The class web page is a great idea, its just
such a huge time sink, since its my first try.)

kkeeler1 at unl.edu