HERB - RE: Lion and Locust >The Passage!!!!

M Wolfe mwolfe at nwlink.com
Mon Sep 6 20:18:41 PDT 1999

Allow me to refer all to Aelian's book XIV chapter 9!!
>From the Loeb translation:

We also know that the Sea-lion (Note adds:  a kind of lobster) is in some
respects like the crayfish, though we see that the shape of its body is
slimmer, with an added dash of dark blue colour; but it is sluggish though
possesed of enormish claws resembling those of crabs.   And it is said by
the more experinced fishermen to have certain membraines attached to its
shell, and beneath them are some portions of tender flesh which are called
'lobster-lard.'  And these benefit maknink:  they cleanse a muddy
complesion, and if added to oil-of-roses and applied as an ointment, they
contribute to a person's beauty and adornment.

Mayhap this will help!!

YIS
Rauthulfr

Rauthulfr Meistari inn Orthstori  (OL, MC, P-eX, Et Cetera)  An Tir A&S
Champion
or, non- SCA: Michael Wolfe M. A. I. S. AB-
*Practice Random Acts of Chocolate.....