HERB - forwarded message

Rauthulfr mwolfe at nwlink.com
Wed Sep 15 16:20:52 PDT 1999

Greetings Prydwen;
The first point would be that if this continues she may need a physicians
help to get through this.
>From an herbal perspective this is the sort of thing that St. John's wort
is good for.
Another thing would be a strong tea of Lemon balm {Melissa Officinalis},
Marjoram {Origanum Majorana}, Peppermint {M. Piperita}, and a little bit of
Passion Flower {Passiflora Incarnata} might be helpful.  Something like 3
parts of each the first 3 and 1/4 part of the passion flower.  If she has
stomach problems from the crying etc, then adding 1 part Chamomile
{Matricaria Chamomilla} might be a good idea.  1 cup 3-4 times a day.

This blend can make her sleepy, particularly with the passion flower.
This is a generally calming tea which is good for frayed nerves.
Additionally one might add catnip to it.  I would also recommend staying
away from caffeinated stuff for a while unless she has been a heavy
caffeine user in which case cutting back would be good.
The key, of course, is that this does not address the real issue which is
her reaction to a grievous loss.  That is something which support from
friends and family will be critical for.

Much luck with a very difficult issue at a very difficult time.

At 09:23 AM 9/15/99 , you wrote:

>>Greetings all,
>>
>>My daughter is having a really difficult time with depression, due to the
>>loss of her Dad.  She is sleeping up to 12 hours a day and has unexpected
>>crying jags at work.  We're trying to support her lots, but is there
>>anything herbal that will help?
>>
>>Many thanks,
>>
>>Prydwen
>>
>>gryphon at carlsbadnm.com

Rauthulfr Meistari inn Orthstori  (OL, MC, P-eX, Et Cetera)  An Tir A&S
Champion
or, non- SCA: Michael Wolfe M. A. I. S. AB-
*Practice Random Acts of Chocolate.....