HERB - Irish creme liquor

Thea & Jeff tsand at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 17 10:17:32 PDT 1999

This is a recipe that I grabbed from my ex- mother in law..very tasty
but sadly not exactly period:) Have fun..Thea

1- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 C light cream
1 tbsp. instant coffee
1 beaten egg yolk
1 C Irish whisky
1/2 C coffee liqueur
3 tbsp chocolate syrup
makes 3 pts, 6 oz.

In a heavy 2 qt. saucepan combine the condensed milk, cream and instant
coffee. Cook and stir over medium heat until instant coffee dissolves.
Gradually stir about 1/2 of the hot mixture into the egg yolk; return
all of the mixture back to the saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium
heat. Cook until thick and bubbly, stir 2 min more then remove from
heat. Stir in whisky, liqueur and chocolate syrup. Cool and bottle.
Must be stored in fridge.