HERB - Moss eradication

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at midtown.net
Sat Sep 18 20:28:19 PDT 1999

lklc at prodigy.net wrote:

> I am suprised the chlorine did not work.  perhaps it was not strong enough.  In high enough concentration it should work without it being hot.  I don't know if chlorine is enviromentally friendly though.Lynette

It's not.  One of the worst things you can dump in the environment, and caustic to boot.  There are times, however...

When we got a poison ivy infestation along the foundation of the house, my grandmother & I dillegently went out with bread-bags on our hands & feet and dug it up, getting as much of the root as we could.  It kept
coming back.  Finally, she just cut it off at ground level and painted the ends with straight laundry bleach.  No more poison ivy.

--Katherine Blackthorne