HERB - NETTLES FOR HAIR CARE

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue Apr 11 07:46:24 PDT 2000

Perhaps this will help a teeny bit. It's from the 1658 edition,
but Porta did the translation himself from the Latin version of
his own book (I don't have the Latin for you, regrettably). I
would safely date this as in period at 1584. -- Jasmine

The Tenth Book of Natural Magick
John Baptista Porta (Giambattista della Porta)
  (1537-1615)

"Of Distillation"

Chapter V  "How to draw Oil by Expression." [....]
"Oil of Nettle Seed." An ounce and a half may be
extracted out of a pound and a half of seeds, being
picked and blanched. It is very good to dye women's
hair of a gold color.