HERB - packing for war

Gaylin J. Walli gwalli at ptc.com
Tue Aug 1 13:32:59 PDT 2000

As the last-minute rush hits for Pennsic, I'm struck with
amusement looking at my toiletries case this year. How
different it is from what I packed and didn't pack last year.
A few of the items include:

-- lavender essence oil, for those little antiseptic things
that always need cleansing, cuts, scrapes

-- homemade bruise ointment, for fighting-related problems

-- homemade heated sports rub (like Tiger Balm) for both
fighting and general muscle soreness (perhaps shopping
weariness

-- a variety of things for the tummy, from chamomile tea
to mint tea to catnip to nux vomica

-- a variety of things for the head, including the non-herbal
things like pain meds

-- something for the "too excited" or "panic attacked"
friend; had an interesting time begging for something to
treat fear-related problems for a friend of mine (once
again thanks to the Pepperer's Guild for directing me to
help for that one)

A host of other things too, really, but I'm feeling rather
proud of myself now and was wondering if people on the
list actually bothered to put together some kind of herb-
related camping box of incidentals and homeopathics and
such.

Wouldn't that make a great class or article?  "An Herbalist's
Guide to Packing for Pennsic, Lillies, Gulf War, or Amoral:
How to Reduce Your Load and Still Cover All the Bases."

Cheers and Happy Packing! I hope to see you all at War.

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba
gwalli at ptc.com or iasmin at home.com
AOL AIM: IasminDeCordoba