HERB - ear wax? and other wound dressings?

ladygrania@juno.com ladygrania at juno.com
Sun Aug 6 18:05:40 PDT 2000

Interesting!  I just got through teaching my Medical Assisting class that
ear wax is the equivalent of ear canal sweat.  Its main function is to
keep things, bugs etc, from getting down to the canal.  I would expect
that earwax is about as antibacterial as nasal excretions.  How about
just putting a clean, dry dressing consisting of telfa, and enough
padding to protect the nail bed.  A finger cot, looks like a tiny condom,
would help keep it dry.  Otherwise,  go with the neosporin or bacitracin
or polysporin ointment.

Have fun at Pennsic and think of those of us holding Pennsic pity
parties.

Grania

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000 13:42:41 -0400 (EDT) Jenne Heise
<jenne at tulgey.browser.net> writes:
> So last night, as the nice emergency room doctor  bandage from
sticking; it doesn't do much else, but you can put it