HERB - Natural Induction

Christina L. Nordloh octas at mmcable.com
Mon Aug 7 07:45:59 PDT 2000

> (BTW: This is just the opinion of someone who read too many books about
> obstetrics written in the 1970's and 80's: there are a lot of risks to
> induced labor that were documented at that time period. If a doctor
> suggests inducing, PLEASE get a second opinion and do some reading about
> it.)

I don't have your reading background, all I had was a gut feeling that it wasn't
right.  Putting that much pitocin in your body - and the babies - can't be good.  I
am trying other methods - nipple stimulation, sex, walking (ALOT), and things of
that nature.  However I didn't want to try the suggested herbs that I've heard and
seen mentioned without a second/third opinion as well as my doctors.  The ones I see
mentioned on the pages I've read is black and blue cohosh root - but no mention on
the preperation.  I've also heard that rasberry leaf tea can work, but the last
thing I need is an improperly prepared or mis-dosed herbal  that can cause more
damage than good.  I also realize that nothing is fullproof, and that in all
liklehood my little tyke is just as stuborn as his mother and just wants to hang
around in there for a few more days.  :)

Christina N,