HERB - Natural Induction

antoinetteb antoinetteb at mail.ev1.net
Mon Aug 7 11:20:26 PDT 2000

Christina,

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming event.  I asked the same question regarding inducing of an herbalist friend of mine and she suggested letting nature take its course.  Walking does seem to help, not neccessarily causing it to happen , but helping once it starts.  There are teas that can be made using contraction inducing herbs, but I would still check with your OB first.  As for relieving childbirth pain,  USE THE DRUGS!!!  I had a 10lb 4oz baby and was happy to have medical science (based on herbal science I'm sure) at my disposal.  Regarding breastfeeding at events, as far as I know, most people don't have a problem with it and there are certainly ways to be discreet about it.  I have breastfed at many events including a Collegium class and had no problems other than causing the instructor to lose his train of thought.  I can only speak for my kingdom (Ansteorra), but have seen breastfeeders in at least three other kingdoms.  My best wishes for you and your baby.

Lady Antoinetee