HERB - Natural Induction

Lynette lklc at prodigy.net
Wed Aug 9 14:27:24 PDT 2000

Walking does help speed labor along.  If it is Braxton Hicks it will stop
with walking.  That is a common way that hospitals use to tell the
difference.  As far as the drugs go.  I have witnessed Mom's with and
without drugs.  The level of pain is different for each person.  Some
claimed to be quite comfortable without them.  I would suggest that you make
your decision early if you plan to use drugs.  Because if you wait too late
in the labor process you will not be able to take them.  The bad part of
this is if you wait till the point of no return to say you want it and you
don't get it then the pain gets worse from there.  I'd suggest you leave
open the possibility of drugs and make this fact know early even it you
think you want to avoid them all together.  At least this way you will be
offered them early and warned that your last chance may be coming quickly.
What ever you choose good luck we are all rooting for you.
I don't see an issue with breast feeding after all this is supposed to be
the middle ages and an enlightened one at that.  If  garb is a real problem
throw a light blanket over your shoulder to feed.  You can start the baby in
privacy then join you group once he's latched on.