breastfeeding was Re: HERB - Natural Induction

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Mon Aug 7 19:43:12 PDT 2000

> I still would like to know if anyone knows about how accepted breast
feeding is
> at events.  Now that I am having my baby I plan on joining the SCA - which
was
> not possible while I worked.
>
> Christina N.

I am so glad you are breast feeding - The doctor's told my sister that she
literally saved my nephew's life because she breast fed him - he has an
immune problem that we didn't know about until he was about 18 months old -
and the doctor told my sister that he would have been a "failure to thrive"
baby if she hadn't been breast feeding...

I've also been told that breast fed babies have fewer problems with
allergies and asthma.

When my first child was born, I made two tunics.   The undertunic was laced
up the front.  The overtunic was made from two large rectangles, sewn up the
sides, that went to my knees.  I could nurse my baby under it, with no
modesty problems.

Melandra of the Woods