breastfeeding was Re: HERB - Natural Induction

Christina L. Nordloh octas at mmcable.com
Mon Aug 7 19:40:26 PDT 2000

> I am so glad you are breast feeding - The doctor's told my sister that she
> literally saved my nephew's life because she breast fed him - he has an
> immune problem that we didn't know about until he was about 18 months old -
> and the doctor told my sister that he would have been a "failure to thrive"
> baby if she hadn't been breast feeding...

wow!  I couldn't imagine not breastfeeding - I had no idea it had that kind of
ability!

> I've also been told that breast fed babies have fewer problems with
> allergies and asthma.
>
> When my first child was born, I made two tunics.   The undertunic was laced
> up the front.  The overtunic was made from two large rectangles, sewn up the
> sides, that went to my knees.  I could nurse my baby under it, with no
> modesty problems.

It sounds like I have alot of options for garments - good to know.  I guess I
should get going on choosing fabrics If I plan to make it to the memorial day
weekend feast for Ansetorra in Oklahoma.

I am very interested in the herbal kits that have been mentioned.  Obviously I
don't have much time to prepare much of it, but if the timing is right I might
be able to bring some of it with me.  Any suggestions for newborns?

thank you all for your suggestions, comments, and messages.  The pressure for
induction was getting rather overwhelming - your down to earth comments really
brought me back to my original decision for a natural childbirth.

Christina N.