HERB - Breast feeding

Christina L. Nordloh octas at mmcable.com
Mon Aug 7 19:30:31 PDT 2000

> Christina,
>
> Breast feeding is pretty accepted these days, especially at events.  After
> all, it's a LOT more period and much less out of place than a plastic bottle.
>  Unless you live in a particularly prudish area, most people don't even blink
> at a woman nursing in public anymore.  It you prefer modesty, I don't think
> there's any need to leave the public areas, just pull a light blanket over
> the baby.
>
> Raisya
> Ansteorra

Thank you - this being my first child I am nervous about breast feeding in
public - I realize that soon enough it will become second nature, but for now
I'm a little nervous.  It is wonderful to know that it is becoming more
accepted, I can remember my mother telling me horror stories about her
experiences in public with me.  She is now one of my greatest supporters.  I
couldn't imagine NOT breast feeding, the benefits far outweigh the negative's!
I was hoping that it would be more accepted at events due to the fact it really
is more period, it's a relief that it is.

Christina N.