HERB - Natural Induction & Clothing Patterns

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Mon Aug 7 15:06:59 PDT 2000

Greetings!

The only type of "natural" induction her in PA Dutch Country is railroad
tracks!  Here in PA, most RR tracks are raised from the road, and have a
lovely washboard effect.  Drive over them two or three times, drive to
hospital, no problem!  ;-)

This "remedy" is usually recommended if you go over two weeks from the
due date.  Scarily enough, it does work....

Concerning breast feeding: most of the women in this area have done it
discreetly in a corner, or in the bathroom, or just covered the "naughty
bits" with a lightweight cloth.  (One baby was known for ripping the
cloth off, and momma would snatch it and put it back, saying "I don't
care if you don't like it there, the whole world does NOT need to see
what God gave me!"  It was funny.)

What seems to work in this area is a drawstring chemise under a sideless
surcoat, or just a drawstring chemise with a skirt.  It's lightweight,
and the cloth can be moved around with a minimum of fuss.  I don't know
her number or address, but The Bored Housewife has drawstring chemises at
good prices (I know, I know, they're easy to make, but I'm fumblefingers
with needle & thread.  I prefer to buy than destroy good yardages of
cloth.).  She's in AEthelmearc.  Not associated; just a very happy
customer.

-Caro